And just like that, we are already a week in to 2017. With trends like rose gold and copper fading this year, we wanted to take a look at what 2017 has in store. Here are the top 7 trends we see for 2017. Many new and some old favorites that we expect to stay strong.
1. Greenery. “Greenery” is the 2017 Pantone color of year and we will start to see it popping up all over the place in renovations and new construction. It is light, fresh and a fun color which can add a great pop to any home.
2. Bold Fixtures. Bold fixtures can make a statement in any room. Expect to this trend really come through in bathrooms and light fixtures. A use of mixed metals and modern chandeliers are becoming very popular in residential and commercial renovations.
3. Cork. Yes, that’s right, cork! Who knew this would make a stylish comeback. Most commonly found in home offices and children’s rooms, cork is a great way to make a wall, table, or desk more functional. Done properly, it can turn into an adorable design piece.
4. Raw White. Raw white is a timeless clean look that we expect to see a lot of this year. The versatility of white allows it to appear in flooring, cabinetry, countertops and décor in every room of the house. A raw white room creates a peaceful and calming environment.
5. Faux Materials. Faux materials are a great way to save money when doing renovations. And these days, using faux materials doesn’t mean sacrificing aesthetics or durability. It can be very hard to tell the difference between a true and faux marble. Check out this wood grain tile below. It looks like wood but offers many benefits that hardwoods can’t.
6. Statement Sinks. A unique sink can add instant character to your kitchen. Apron sinks offer a timeless look and come in any finish that fits your style. Originally introduced as part of the farmhouse look, apron sinks can be a high design element in any kitchen.
7. Subway Tile. Our final trend is not new for 2017 but is one of the biggest trends that continues to grow. Subway tile not only offers a clean look but is affordable and has a place in nearly every room of the house.
2017 is going to be a great year for renovation and design. If you have any questions about these trends or want to try one in your home, give us a call today!